This topic has 2 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 years, 2 months ago by admin.

• Author
     Ryan
    Participant

When I’m running the datalooper though my usb hub, its able to receive (LEDs activate/change color) information, but it can only send commands to stop, not start clip recording.
    When I plug directly into a USB port the datalooper functions correctly.

My USB hub is a cheap one. If I need to buy a new one, is there a specific feature I should be looking for to ensure compatibility?

Thanks!

SoundStudio412
    Participant

I don’t know about the tech spec requirements etc, but I’ve been using this one successfully with DataLooper:

-G

admin
    Keymaster

The DataLooper LEDs do draw a decent amount of power so do keep that in mind when using a hub; either use a powered hub, or a 4-port non-powered connected to a USB 3.0 computer port (USB 3 ports put out like twice the power compared to USB 2). I use this one with a USB 3 port and it works fine, even though it’s unpowered (https://www.amazon.com/Sabrent-Premium-Aluminum-MacBook-HB-MAC3/dp/B00N38TQJC/ref=sr_1_7?keywords=4+port+aluminum+usb&qid=1557722546&s=electronics&sr=1-7). Also, keep in mind that whatever else is plugged into the hub is also drawing power, and there’s only so much wattage to go around if it’s an unpowered hub.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 DataLooper

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account