Tagged: 

This topic has 2 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 1 year, 5 months ago by admin.

• Author
     Jon Adams
    Participant

Picking up the DL after a lot of downtime, moving and family stuff, so building out looping rig again today.

Is there a suggested workflow for those of us who use a push for Midi?

It seems that every time I press the data looper, the focus is taken off the track I am actively playing to the track with the looper, meaning I can’t play.

Is this expected, and if so I guess the best options would be to use clip recording with the midi tracks or put the looper on the midi track itself maybe?

Jon Adams
    Participant

Also tried just not using the DL for tracks I record on push and it unarms all tracks when I record a clip on the push track which mucks with the datalooper flow.

I think it works if I use CL# on the midi clips controlled rather than sends. I’ll set the second/third presets to be push instruments and the first to be analog loops.

admin
    Keymaster

Hi Jon, if you’re using the default .als template, there is a mapping on the looper device itself which you can remove. That mapping was intended to bring focus to the looper you’ve just recorded on for beginners to have a secondary visual aid, but it’s not necessary. Outside of that, there’s nothing in the script that changes focus. I don’t personally own a push, but I know the Push script does some pretty crazy stuff, so, yeah, there may be a bit of investigation necessary to see if there’s anything conflicting. I’m happy to make modifications to my script if there’s something overtly off.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 DataLooper

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account