Tagged: 

This topic has 4 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by admin.

• Author
     AlmostLinear
    Participant

Hey so I’ve been excited about the “launchpad style” clip launching feature but I’m having some issues:
    1. Losing synch with session ring after moving it around and launching a few clips here and there. As in, the session ring may be on tracks 4-6, but the buttons are triggering tracks 1-3
    2. LEDs not reflecting the clip status. For instance, they may stay fast-blinking even after the clip has started playing, or they may be solid even if the clip is playing. It’s not consistent.

So I thought I’d make the problem simpler by creating a preset with nothing but fixed clip launches (e.g. tracks 1-3, clips 1-3 mapped to 9 buttons). I still have the issue of the LEDs randomly not reflecting the clip status, and the problem gets even worse if I create another preset that launches clips in tracks 4-6, and then toggle between the two presets.

I’m using Live 10 Suite / Datalooper v2 with latest firmware / MacOS Mohave

Thanks for any help!

admin
    Keymaster

Hi! Sorry you’re having a problem with the Clip Launcher! If you can provide any clear steps to reproduce the issue, I’m happy to take a look and see what may be happening. I haven’t run into those issues during testing, but would definitely like to make sure there’s no problem.

AlmostLinear
    Participant

Hi, I’ve been spending some time trying to boil this down to something repeatable. Here’s what I’ve come up with.

Edit the “Datalooper Vertical” config so that the upper right button long press action is CHANGE MODE: CLIP LAUNCHER instead of new session, and change the startup mode in global settings to Clip Launcher.

Open the Live 10 demo live set (tour of live -> click here to load live set). Datalooper displays CLIP and the LEDs reflect tracks 1-3, clips 1-3 (for Live 10 it’s Trk1:Clip1,2,3 blue; Trk2:Clip2,3 blue; Trk3:Clip2 pink). However, no session ring appears.

Press Trk1:Clip1 – starts playing, LED is flashing in time. Still no session ring. Press lower right button to bring session ring down once, session ring appears on screen, highlighting clips 2-4. But nothing on datalooper is changed. The upper left LED is still flashing in time, and all other LEDs also still indicate clips 1-3. Go back up to highlighting clips 1-3, all LEDs still unchanged.

Taking it a step further, click stop all clips on the screen. Press the upper right button to go to New Session Mode. Long Press upper right button to return to Clip Launcher Mode. All LEDs reflect clips 1-3. Launch Trk1:Clip1 again, and move the session ring down again. This time, all the other LEDs do shift, but the upper left LED is still flashing as though it’s still tied to Clip1, even though the session ring is highlighting clips 2-4.

Those are the only repeatable things I can figure out – it gets unpredictable quickly when I start moving the session ring around a lot more and switching modes back and forth.

It’s worth noting that I had no other control surfaces connected while running this test, and the datalooper was connected directly to my laptop using the cable that came with the unit.

admin
    Keymaster

Awesome thank you for the detailed steps! I’ll work on this asap and get back to you when I have more info. Thanks again!

admin
    Keymaster

Try the 2.9 Beta script on the resources page. I think I fixed your issues 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 DataLooper

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account