This topic has 1 reply, 2 voices, and was last updated 4 years, 7 months ago by admin.

• Author
     AdamL
    Participant

Hey Vince and Dataloopers,
    When I started using the DL I was able to use the far right pedals to Arm tracks, then when I switched to the next looper the original track would disarm and the new track would arm.
    This was great for my workflow as it meant I didn’t need to use the mouse or a control surface to arm my track and start recording. I also had it set to simultaneously select the track (so I can see when I am recording) and to select my macros so I could start tweaking straight away.
    Now the track I am leaving stays armed meaning I have to manually disarm it. Also all three DL tracks will now stay armed and guitar will play through all three tracks.
    Basically I’ve tried all the configurations I can think of from the web page, also the exclusive arming doesn’t help (also from the preferences page)
    Can you tell me if there is a way to return to my previous set up so I can select the track arm/disarm and select my macros all in one push?
    I’ve deleted all my DLCFG files from when I set the DL up.
    Thanks

• This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by AdamL.
    • This topic was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by AdamL. Reason: Clarity
     admin
    Keymaster

2 ideas here:

One alternative to the arm/disarm is to have your guitar track (with no looper on it), then 3 separate looper tracks, with the loopers set to never pass audio (the option in the lower right corner). This way, the loop tracks only pass audio when a loop is loaded. If looper tracks have specific fx or gain structure stuff, you can put that in the original instrument track in an audio fx rack, then use a control change message (non-toggling) to switch between chains. This has the advantage of having the LED display which fx bank you are on.

Option 2 is to keep doing things the way you are and use control change messages (non-toggling). On each button, you’d send 3 messages, 2 CC off and one CC on. The CC offs would disarm the unwanted tracks, the CC on would arm the desired track. This method has the advantage of a nice looking session after recording is complete.

Hope that helps!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

CONTACT US

We're not around right now. But you can send us an email and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending

©2024 DataLooper

or

or    

Forgot your details?

or

Create Account